Saturday, August 31, 2013

I've begun a glorious transformation...

...into a French 32 year old!!!!! and it ROCKS. one of the benefits of living with a french couple is they have a ton of social obligations and because they're some of the nicest people in the world, they invite me along. The list of things I've done with them is surprisingly long seeing as I've been here for only a week. For example, today at dinner I got peer pressured into eating a French delicacy which is basically guts stuffed together. Not the worst thing I've ever had (way better than ham) but definitely not my fave. I've also begun my path into becoming a wine and cheese expert. I told them about my cheese job that I had and they found it super amusing so they give me a lot of cheese. Not complaining.

Yesterday, we took a little road trip to the French countryside for a little barbeque. This is where I got to meet some of their friends, who are hilarious. They speak French, of which I understand like 85% of, but sometimes to make it easier for me they try to speak English. Let me just say that for the most part, it's so much easier to understand their French. They usually just start singing random parts of songs they know, hoping I'll get the message. They also try to connect with me about American things, like football. I have a 20 minute conversation with a frenchman about American football--he has family in California so he likes the Raiders. Mainly we bonded over how much we don't like the 49ers. Pack 4 lyfe.

They're all shocked whenever I talk about driving--they thought that because people could drive earlier, there were more accidents. Seeing as I've only ever lived in America, I can't compare the accident rate to much else off the top of my head but that's just one example of how interesting it is to try and see America and our large bubble through the eyes of others in the world. lul I am feelin deep tonight.

Okay I gotta go to sleep--I'm voyaging to the Mediterranean tomorrow! Sorry in advance if I'm too annoying about it on social media oops. Also obvi have to give a shout out to my girl Danielle for being the first one to send me a letter!!!! Step up your game, guys, Danielle is 100% winning in the game of Life right now. And I love her a lot.

sometimes i resemble a gremlin
That picture is not related to anything I'm doing, but my vault of ugly pictures extends way back. lawl

bisous children I lurve ya

No comments:

Post a Comment