Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pre-departure rambles

Alright so I think you're supposed to introduce yourself on blogs, even though I'm 99% sure only people I know (so my parents really) will read this.

This is definitely my best angle
I'm a girl who's never left her hometown of Madison basically ever. I've been to Canada and Boston and San Francisco, but that's about it. Super exciting. BUT now, or in two days, I leave Madison to go live across the pond in the south of France for a year. Crazy, I know.


My favorite city in the world...for now
Anyways, I'm not that scared (yet). Speaking french all the time will be challenge but I'm not afraid of a challenge. Basically I'm just trying to prove my french professor who told me I have no real prospects in French wrong because that's annoying and I can do it, right?

I'm not even close to being done packing so I'm going to do that/probably end up at the pool tanning. You will have a new blog post to read once I get to Aix and get settled. I know you will have trouble waiting until then, but patience is a virtue. You can do it, I just know it. 

Bisous, (see! I'm french already. Suck it, old prof)
Sarah!

(do people usually sign blogs? I don't know. It's my first rodeo so give me break. I'm really done now)

3 comments: