Wednesday, October 23, 2013

TWO MONTHS WHAT

HOLYMACANDCHEESEIVEBEENINFRANCEFORTWOMONTHS how is this even possible????? your guess is as good as mine. Really, it is. LET'S SEE what's new, what can I tell you guys....

WELL I guess a huge thing is I decided to run a marathon in April. Am I crazy? Yes, for sure. I'm pretty sure France has made me crazier than before. Like, remember way back in August 2011 when the cross country season started without me (obviously because I was going to college) and I couldn't handle it so I legit went insane?? (Nikki, Simone, Dana, and Lydia had to hang out with me that day. so sorry again guys) ANYWAYS I think this is worse. I'm really excited, because it's a huge goal/hopefully accomplishment, but HAHA 26.2 miles is a really long way to run. Woof. Like I ran a half marathon this summer and thought I was going to DIE so why did I sign up for a marathon?? I have no idea. All I know is I WILL train more than I did for that half (which won't be hard, seeing as I didn't train at all). The exact date is April 6th, so yknow if you're in the area or something, come cheer your crazy girl on!!!

OH and last week was my french woman's birthday! And she told me she loved American cookies so I decided to make her some because I love baking and love giving good presents so this was the best of both worlds. So the biggest problem I had is brown sugar--you know, that delightfully sticky stuff that comes in bags, is completely different here/also impossible to find so to make cookies, I had to make my own brown sugar. In theory, it's really easy: just mix normal white sugar with molasses. HOWEVER in practice, that took like 40 minutes of my time and all my arm strength I have. And then on top of that, KitchenMaid mixers/electric beaters in general are also unheard of here so I had a lot of butter to mix using the arm I just killed making brown sugar. At least I got a semi workout in? The cookies turned out pretty yummy if I do say so myself but I could tell something was off--the flour? the butter? the vanilla? Idk but I know I'll be baking again to figure out the problem.

twenty minutes in and I was certain failure was in my future
BUT IT WASNT YALL HOMEMADE BROWN SUGAR 

I did not eat any of this nope
obv presented in a cheesehead...where do you think I'm from?



Uhhhhh other than that, I dunno. I'm off to Finland in a less than a week!!! And I'll be in Paris before then so come back when I get back for a blog post full of nordic adventures (IT MIGHT SNOW WHEN I'M THERE!!!! I know you're all groaning at my excitement over this but honestly it's been 70 degrees for far too long and I'm tired of being hot. Okay princess rant over you're right) So you'll all hear from me soon enough. Which is also next month. WHAT HOW IS IT ALMOST NOVEMBER.

BYE!!!

A crazy Sarah
The original crazy Sarah, now gone global

No comments:

Post a Comment